Sorry for posting this so late! I just got back from Pole Expo Monday night, so I was pretty busy all last week and have been catching up on everything this week. I will be writing several posts about the Expo, so keep your eyes open for those sometime over the weekend (hopefully!)
I wanted to share another recipe I made over Labor Day Weekend – my homemade coleslaw! It’s very refreshing and so much lighter and more flavorful than the store-bought kind. I hope you enjoy! 🙂
Creamy Crunchy Coleslaw
Ingredients for coleslaw
- 2 bags of shredded cabbage
- 1/2 – 1 bag of broccoli slaw
- 1/2 – 1 bag of shredded carrots
- 2 apples (tart apples like Granny Smith work best)
Ingredients for dressing
- 1 cup homemade paleo mayo
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried mustard
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dice up apples into cubes and combine with cabbage, broccoli slaw and carrots in a large bowl.
- Whisk all of the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add dressing to coleslaw mixture and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
Note: Depending on how you like your coleslaw, you may need to make a double batch of the dressing – you can always store any leftovers in the fridge for 2 – 3 days.
I know coleslaw is traditionally served in the summer, but with apple season in effect, it makes a perfect side dish to any meal! Happy eating 🙂