I am officially 2/3 of the way done with my Whole30! So far, everything has been going well – I’m feeling more energized, eating more veggies, and feeling very satiated after each meal. The only thing I’m really looking forward to having is my dark chocolate (85% or higher)…it’s my biggest indulgence.
I typically pack both my breakfast and lunch for work – frankly, I don’t have much of an appetite at 6 o’clock in the morning. So, I thought I would share what I packed for my meals today!
- Chicken cutlets – These are crusted with almond flour, coconut flour, a variety of spices and baked in the oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or so.
- Summer squash pancakes – These are AMAZING. I have been making them every week for this entire month. I tend to omit the basil and the parsley and sub for garlic powder and fry em up in the pan with coconut oil.
- Strawberries and blueberries – My favorite fruit during the summertime! I wish they were this delicious all year round!
- Roasted broccoli – Broccoli is my favorite vegetable. I tossed these with coconut oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and roasted them in the oven at 400 degrees for approximately 20 minutes. SO GOOD!
- Sweet potato and apple breakfast patties – These are great! The sweetness of the apple and sweet potato really work well with the pork. Instead of using pork sausage, I just used ground pork from Whole Foods and added my own sausage seasonings (fennel seeds, garlic powder, paprika, s+p, etc.).
- Paleo ranch dressing – I always have paleo mayo (recipe from Well Fed) on hand, so I thought I would make a ranch dip for my chicken cutlets. Yum!
I ended up eating the sweet potato and apple pork patties and roasted broccoli for breakfast, and the rest for lunch.
Here’s an up close picture of my berries just because they were so delicious (and pretty)!